Search my blog.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I got bored and it's 80 degrees ...

... so it makes sense that I played dress up in my fall/winter clothes right?

It started out by me trying on some of my vintage things to decide whether I should keep them or part with them via etsy. Then it morphed into a "I think I'll put on a wool coat and rhinestone covered sunglasses and do a photoshoot in the spare bedroom.

A little peek into my wardrobe; I'm wearing some of my favorite clothes, which I'm a little frustrated I can't wear because it's summer. And hot. And uncomfortable. Can't wait for fall!

Me embarrassing myself with silly pictures:

P1010003
My Lady Gaga outfit. When in Japan I discovered the art of putting rhinestones on everything! These stunnershades were the result. Six sheets of rhinestones for cell phones! Thrifted white shirt. Belt I got from one of my friend's moms. Shiny black leggings from Express. Shoes: Dolce Vita.

P1010007

P1010011

P1010009
You can't really tell from this photo, but this wool coat is amazing! It's reversible (the other side is light gray with black plaid stripes) and super warm and belted so it pretty much feels like you're wearing a cozy bathrobe.

P1010034
I've never actually worn this outfit before! It's a good mix of things though, I think. The shirt I got on sale at Macy's (vaguely embarrassing to admit?), the scarf is thrifted, the jeans are Z Co. and have 2% spandex so they are super comfortable and they were pretty cheap (under $50) and they're GRAY--one of my fave colors. Okay and I'm also wearing a J. Crew tuxedo vest which I bought when I used to work there. We called it the slutty vest but it was really only slutty in comparison to the rest of their pieces which were super matronly [also only slutty when you wear it with no shirt underneath]. And my fave part of the outfit: white patent leather Casadei boots. I bought these I think three years ago off Bluefly. They were $300 fucking dollars and I had no business buying them, but I don't regret it! They're super comfortable for having stiletto heels and I think they're hot.

P1010035

P1010019
I bought this dress at BCBG in February when they were having a 70% off sale. I was going to wear it to Valentine's day dinner with the guy I was dating at the time, but I ended up wearing a different outfit instead because our dinner reservations were for 4:30pm. Okay, I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to wear it. Click here to read my blog from Valentine's Day.


Well that's all for now. If I were to post outfit pictures of what I wear on a day to day basis you would see me wearing possibly no pants/maybe boxers, wife beaters and hoodies if it's colder. I don't know why I love fashion so much but hate getting dressed!

*PS* If you haven't done so yet, enter my blog giveaway to win a free clutch! Here's how.

5 comments:

Lrc said...

very cool giveaway purse! i love the layers of wonderful design and bling!

ScoMan said...

THANK YOU! I did the same thing last week when I was bored. Took a heap of random photos of me posing around the flat in my new clothes (and with Guitar Hero) and everyone thought I was crazy. At least now, I know I'm not the only one who does it.

And I LOVE the sunglasses.

Polygnome said...

thank you! the sunglasses are great. unfortunately, not really safe to wear while driving, but they DO block out the sun well.

Stephanie said...

Those black shoes are something else!

Melissa said...

I'm dying for fall too. Everyday I look at my teal wool military coat and sigh."I'll wear you soon my love!"

Post a Comment